Saturday 17 October 2009

Ivory Tower




I struggle as an Artist/Writer/ Lecturer, and I wish I didn't have to start of my blog with those word's but I do, and its a fact. I struggle because I find and have always found gaining employment difficult, earning money has seemed to left me by the wayside, any time I try it seems it leaves me in more debt (I don't really have lots but...) Richard Branson most defiantly has more money then me.

On a monthly basis Virgin Media, due to me being a little rubbish with paying bills on time, due to the fact I have very little money. Sir Dick/ charges me £10 for late payment + £5 for paper billing?? Paper billing? =£5 so on top of the £18 I have £15. This leaves me in a spiral of amounting costs that on the £50 a week that I get from the dole leaves me in the shit and more debt. Richard Branson is worth 1.5 Billion and is 261 in the Forbes rich list. When he takes my £10 he pretty much takes my last £10, my last £10, I doubt that concept is even in his v rich vocabulary.

In my World if someone is having difficulty with Money, the last thing you do is, make there life more harder. But maybe that's where I go wrong.

What then becomes the most annoying of this situation that I'm trying desperately to avoid, is the 20 minute phone call at 6p a minute unless you phone their land line up and ask for costumer services (01132932000) and then its free. To try and get reconnected, I have the most fowl mouthed scum bag giving me attitude.

All I want to do is,have a reasonably secure regular income doing something that I love to do, teaching in FE, or selling my paintings, or my synopsis's for TV or utilise my Creativity some how.

I just don't understand how people/companies can screw the poorer of society out of there few pennies just to line the pockets of the super rich so we can fund some space super rich tourist attraction in the dessert. I don't want to wish harm on anyone but I do hope that Richard and his cohorts, in there spaceship have some kind of power failure.... whilst in space

No comments:

Post a Comment