Tuesday 20 October 2009

Double negative resolving to a negative


This Guy came up to me today and said very drunkenly "I don't give a fuck about nothing" and I thought hay that's a double negative which essentially means that you in fact do give a fuck about something?? I thought I'd engage him with my theory on double negatives but he proceeded to wee himself (only joking) So I would imagine that the fact that he is drunk and probably cold and its only 2 o'clock in the afternoon, that their is something on this guys mind, or maybe he really doesn't give a fuck??


I'd like to say "I don't give a fuck about nothing" but that would be a lie, I really give a fuck about to many things!
Maybe when we stop caring, and start remembering to enjoy ourselves we actually start to have lives again! I recently applied for a position at Leeds College of Arts and I didn't even get invited to the interview. I spent 5 days writing this application and it got proof read by one of the most academic people that I know, I didn't even get asked for the interview? Absolute bastards!
I don't watch TV so, even though I like TV as a format for entertainment and have written quite a few proposals for it. I don't watch it, as Antiques Road show and the news couldn't justify the Licensee fee, its basically crap! and a huge waste of time, people just zone in on it and go to bed. Like they don't have to think or really have lives as they are to busy watching an actor living a pretend one on the screen.
So I had this idea, sent to it a few companies... I got this reply "I believe Channel 4 have exclusive rights to You Tube footage, therefore we would not be able to get this idea off the ground here" I was like... well I dont think they 'Ch4' do own the rights? so I contacted them and they confirmed it, So do you want to go ahead and make this then? and they responded ...."unfortunately clip-based shows are problematic and costly for us in terms of rights clearances for repeats and sales on our current restricted budgets. Therefore it's a pass"
So in the words of my good freind that I met today, "I don't give a fuck about nothing"

No comments:

Post a Comment